Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rain, rain go away...

Now I like a good rainy day as much as the girl but this Spring has been a little wetter than I would care for. If there was a Noah, with his ark, he would be LOVING  this weather.  I don't mind the dreary days on occasion because they are a good excuse to stay in and get the work done that you want to put off when it is nice out, like cleaning the bathroom, going through paperwork, and scraping the walls (which is what I did today). If there aren't a million chores waiting, you could stay in bed or curl up on the couch and watch Law and Order or the Food Channel all day. Life does have to go on though.

The sun did come out for about a half hour today. It was beautiful.  I can't wait until it is out for at least a whole day, preferably leading into a long stretch of blue skies and line dried laundry. I know when this weather gears up and stays around for the long haul , the temperatures go up, the lawn needs to be mowed more (much to my son's dismay) and ants show up for picnics. Then come the lazy, hazy days of summer. I am not quite ready for those yet but if dries things up a bit, then bring them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment