Sunday, April 10, 2011

A change of plan...

I was originally going to write about something light but then I watched a special on PBS about a woman named Fanya, who survived World War II and the invasion of her town in the Ukraine by the Russians and Germans. At the age of 86, she still travels the country, speaking to all who listen. She tells her truth in an unvarnished, in your face fashion. She especially wants to reach inner city students who she considers survivors too. She wants you too know that there is always hope and she will spend the rest of her life giving back, by sharing her story and making all who come in contact with her, a witness to her life and in turn, history.

I try very hard to not take any bit of my life for granted. Fanya's story makes me appreciate my life all the more. We have very charmed lives, even if struggles are present. And there are so many people that want to help if you need it. I have been thinking about volunteering, now that my Blockbuster career is over, it may be time to give back. If you are in a little bit of a funk, or are experiencing a rough spot in your life. please take a minute to count your blessings and take care of yourself and then do a little something for someone else. It will make you feel SO good.  I promise.

Thank you for spending your precious time with me and my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment