Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's Girl Scout cookie time!

Along with April showers bring May flowers, and the smell of new crayons announcing it is almost time for back to school, I so look forward to my first box of thin mints of the Spring. I do love other Girl Scout cookies but there is something about thin mints.  In this house of six people, an open box of those cookies last maybe an hour. And somewhere along the way, someone told me about putting them in the freezer. They are yummy that way too.


But as much as I love those cookies, I am partial to my 13 year old son's chocolate chip cookies.  He has baked many variations of a memorized recipe and I love them all.  He prepares the dough and then delegates the forming and baking to his big brother. They are made with love and conviction and even impress their dad, the baker.


I know the thin mints are only available once a year, my sons' cookies are available all year long. And that is a good thing.  I better see if all the ingredients are here so we are prepared for that last Girl Scout cookie being devoured... I guess I am going to the supermarket!


Thank you for spending your precious time with me and my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment