Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Two tickets please...

My oldest son and I just got back from going to see "The Source Code". It is the new movie with Jake Gyllenhaal and Michele Monahan. I guess you could say it covers the premise of time travel but it does it in a Die Hard meets Groundhog Day kind of way.  And it isn't on the epic scale of "Inception" (which is still one of my all time favorite movies) even though it has a lot of action, it is a much smaller movie.


For the longest time I have asked "Is this all there is?" and who are we to say yea or nay? This movie asks that question but doesn't give you the answer.  It actually makes you think and that is very appealing to me.  I love action movies and romantic comedies as much as the next person. And sometimes I don't want to think about anything (Hangover for example, no brains, just stupid funny) or non stop, mind numbing action (Expendables, tongue-in-cheek and action packed) but thinking is good too.


After working for over 10 years at Blockbuster (on and off), I have watched many movies, discussed many, recommended some, begged customer to NOT rent some, and waited for new movies to come it.  But was always the most fun to me was to tell someone about a little gem that they may have overlooked, or even better, disagreeing about any movie.  Not everyone likes then same thing. If they did, Hollywood would be out of business.  But Hollywood keeps giving people something to look forward to.  A couple of hours in a darkened theater, sipping a soda and munching on some popcorn is still the best way to escape from the everyday grind.


Whether the movie is good or bad or just okay, there is always another one coming out the following  Friday.  That one might end up being your all time favorite. 


Thank you for sharing your precious time with me and my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment