Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring is here...

My 7 year old sang in his school's spring concert tonight.  Since he is the last child born, I have come to realize that many events will be the last.  So I won't hear another second grade choir sing with their sweet little voices. Tonight they sang "Like a Prayer" which I thought was interesting choice but they did a great job.


As a rule, I cry when I attend any of these events.  I don't know why, I just tear up. Tonight was no exception.  But this time I had a really good reason. The other song the choir sang was "In My Life" by the Beatles.  This was the song that my sister-in-law chose to dedicate to my brother-in-law during her memorial service. I have listened to the words before but never really heard them until my little guy was singing along to the song during the service.  I bent down and asked him how he knew the words.  He told me it was the song that he was singing for his concert. It was so touching to hear it being so beautifully sung tonight.


Along with this rite of Spring, comes daffodils blooming, forsythia blossoming, and hanging the clothes on the line.  I don't want to go on anymore about this right now though. Laundry leads to Spring cleaning and that will be a whole other blog posting.


Have a wonderful night, and sweet, sweet dreams. And take the time to listen a song that touches your heart.  It will make you smile and stay with you all day.


Thank you for sharing your precious time with me and my words.



No comments:

Post a Comment