Friday, April 8, 2011

What did you say?

As I was drinking my morning coffee, I realized I forgot to post my blog last night. I had come home late from a candle party and talking to my friend about life stuff and just completely forgot. It is okay though. My friend needed to talk and I was glad to listen.


It took me a long time to learn to listen to pretty much anything.  I always heard everything but didn't always stop and really listen. You have to be engaged and focused and compassionate, even if whatever the person is saying is annoying or frustrating. What I have found over my many years of interacting with all kinds of people, we all just want to be heard.


If you have time today, call someone you haven't talked to in a while or engage your family in conversation. Yes, that means turning off the tv,computer,cell phone, ipod, etc.(texting in the talk DOES NOT count!). You may be pleasantly surprised to hear what they have to say. Practicing the fine art of conversation AND listening may just save the world.


Thank you for sharing your precious time with me and my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment