Friday, April 1, 2011

Being in hot water...

When was the last time you took a bath?  Were you little?  Did your mom run the tub for you? Was it a bubble bath with Mr. Bubble perhaps?  Or was it soaking in epsom salts for an injury or oatmeal bath because of poison ivy?

I didn't appreciate the spiritual, Calgon take me away, feeling of a bath until I became a little older and a parent. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to sit in their own dirt. Then I realized since I was showering daily,  I was never really dirty. Taking a bath just became a nighttime ritual.

There is something truly comforting and soothing about hot water, bubbles, and a book or magazine, and/or a glass of wine. I have had a bath calm me when nothing else could and have had some of my best ideas have come from that time soaking.  I have fallen asleep in the tub and have spent so much time in there that I have become a pink, wrinkled raisin.

I know that  it takes a few extra minutes to actually bathe and you may not have the best bathtub to soak in. I am lucky to have an older, deep bath tub and it uses about the same amount of water as a leisurely shower. I have a special bubble bath but shower gel works nicely too.  Use what you love the smell of. Have a nice fluffy towel ready and your bathrobe robe or cozy jammies to keep the comforting feeling after you have drained the tub. (PLEASE don't forget a bathmat so you don't break your neck coming out of the tub!)

You owe it to yourself, and your mental health to sink into a tub, up to your chin, once in awhile. It will definitely give you a different perspective on things. Happy soaking!

Thank you for sharing your precious time with me and my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment